The M650-GM is 100% plug-and-play, installing at the factory tuner in both amplified and non amplified GM vehicles. Volume, Fade, and Balance are supported through the factory radio and steering wheel controls.
The M650-GM produces a 6 channel analog output (Front L/R, Rear L/R, Sub and Center) with a peak voltage of 6.3V and a S/N Ratio of 112dB. All warning chimes and audible turn signal indications are attenuated to factory levels and, along with Onstar®, Navigation prompts and Bluetooth, are passed to the proper output channels, eliminating the need for an external speaker. OEM equalizer functions are retained.
The unit provides a 500mA output for controlling aftermarket devices.
For use with 3rd party digital sound processors, the M650-GM includes a variable Toslink (optical) and SPDIF (coaxial) digital output which may be used simultaneously with the analog outputs, or by themselves. The variable digital output allows for the system volume to be controlled via the factory radio and steering wheel controls, without the need to access any 3rd party controller.
The M650-GM is configurable through dip switch settings. User selectable features of the M650-GM are:
– Time alignment to driver (Full-Sized SUV and Truck Only) or no time alignment (Analog output only)
– Full Scale output (0 db) vs attenuated output (-12 db) (When attenuated, output is reduced to ~3v for extended headroom)
– Factory Bass control becomes a Subwoofer Level Controller or Controls Bass for the entire system (Analog output only) – eliminates the need for a sub control knob!
– Loudness control for extended bass response at low levels or loudness off (Analog output only)
– NON-BOSE vehicle equipped with CarPlay or Android Auto are NOT COMPATIBLE.
– BOSE-equipped vehicles with CarPlay / Android Auto are compatible.
– Some NON-BOSE systems may require a tuner-swap, which cost $200 with the return of the original tuner. Some GM vehicles have a known factory bug which produces a small issue when this module is installed.